Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tomorrow's the big day!

Well, tomorrow has finally arrived ;)

Ok, that didn't sound quite right but the point is this: I've been anticipating this year's "vacation" (in quotes because I have to bring my work with me) to Utah for quite some time and tomorrow my son and I are finally heading out. We're leaving from NC and it will take us several days to get there. My wife and daughters will fly out and meet us there at the end of the week.

We're driving rather than flying so that I can haul all of my fly-fishing related shtuff across the country and, trust me, it's a lot of stuff. Plus since I'll have to work at least a few hours every day I'm also bringing three computers, two monitors, a printer and a multi-sheet scanner. The back of my minivan is pretty much exactly what you'd expect to find if an Orvis delivery truck and a Best Buy delivery truck collided head on into one another on the freeway. Especially if you threw in a few bags of Cheetos and a cooler full of Diet Coke.

No comments: