Saturday, July 5, 2008

We made it to Utah...

After 4 days of driving with a daily stop to fish, my son Jacob and I finally arrived in Utah on Thursday afternoon. We traveled nearly 2500 miles, ate at Burger King more times than I would have liked (I let my son choose our meals along the way and he opted for a plain double cheeseburger at least once a day) but we were able to fish four beautiful streams along the way:

Dry Run Creek in Arkansas
Bear Creek in Colorado
Diamond Fork watershed in Utah
Lower Provo River in Utah

I'll save the details of those fishing excursions for another blog entry and/or podcast, but for now we're glad to be in Utah. The water levels are higher than normal but the Provo river is certainly fishing well. I've been told that there is even the occasional hot topwater action.

No comments: